Current Career Opportunities
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for handling administrative and office support tasks and managing multiple responsibilities in the organization. The position will be directly working with office and field staff to ensure all administrative tasks are efficiently and effectively implemented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform general administrative/clerical tasks including answering and transferring telephone calls, checking voicemail daily, faxing, mailing, filing and photocopying.
• Order, purchase and maintain inventory for uniforms, office and cleaning supplies.
• Prepare a daily task list for all responsibilities at hand- errands, mail run, bank deposits, document signatures, etc.
• Create and maintain on-boarding and separation checklists, assist in the on-boarding and separation processes of employee equipment and setup/disablement– i.e. phones, computer, ID/passwords, email, dropbox, proprietary access, alarm codes, printer, etc.
• Develop, implement and improve office policies and procedures.
• Arrange travel by booking accommodations such as flights, cars, hotel and/or any other reservations as required.
• Review, input and maintain time sheets on a weekly basis.
• Assist in the completion of water well drilling reports and job specific binder assembly.
• Coordinate special events as necessary - i.e. quarterly and monthly staff meetings.
• Administer, follow up and communicate with department managers and/or employees on upcoming events, action items, weekly reminders and all other occurrences.
• Manage phone and printer systems.
• Assist in managing the Apprenticeship Program.
• Manage and keep track of furniture, accessories, equipment and tool warranties and protection plans.
• Administer and track office equipment and accessories and obtain all signed acknowledgements – i.e. fuel cards, credit cards, Ipads, Iphones, keys, alarms, etc.
• Create and validate project proposals.
• Develop and maintain filing system for project and job files.
• Maintain vendor relations – i.e Verizon, NAPA, etc.
• Manage fleet registration, safety inspections, and DOT heavy USE tax for equipment
• Maintain calendars and schedule conference rooms.
• Organize and maintain office common areas – i.e. make coffee, wash dishes, empty trash.
• Possess superior organizational skills, dedication and follow up to complete projects as needed in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Dependability – Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
• Communication – Communicates well both verbally and in writing in order to convey information effectively and efficiently, shares information and ideas with others and has good listening skills.
• Attention to Detail – Thoroughness in accomplishing tasks, careful attention to detail.
• Integrity/Ethics – Deals with others in a straightforward, respectful, ethical and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality and supports company values.
• Time Management – Ability to organize and plan how to use one’s time effectively and efficiently.
• Customer Service – Responsible for addressing customer needs and ensuring positive experiences. Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Drive for Result – Targets and achieves results in a consistent manner, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, pushes self and others for results, accepts accountability.
• Must have a valid Hawaii Driver’s License and access to an insured vehicle.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED - required.
Customer Service – one (1) year preferred.
Administrative Assistant or related experience – minimum two (2) years preferred.
Proficiency in MS Suites - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MAC Applications - required.